What did we do?
- Interviewed representatives of BT Openreach divisions
- Modelled the entire system in draft for review by engineers and managers
- Integrated the visual imagery with a timeline of organisational changes and project deliverables in order to demonstrate to staff how improvements were being implemented over time
- Created a visual language for the various change projects, which was integrated into subsequent internal communications on programme delivery.
- In the process, created a reference tool used in offices and telephone exchanges up and down the country to explain how the organisation works
Duncan Gray, Openreach Director of Learning and Development, comments:
“The process challenges you to break down what you’re doing to a base level and really explain in simple terms what you’re actually doing. When you visited the field engineers and ran focus groups, the feedback you brought back helped give us a far more accurate picture of what was going on.”